Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Working Life

It's been 2 days into working life. Working environment is good, and there's this sort of open concept at my workplace. Not much of those barriers inhibiting human interactions. Some of my superiors sit outside with us, with no doors. Only a small handful of the higher superiors have their own little office, but with wide glass walls and doors, allowing us to look in!
I like such working environment. My team consists of around 10 people, and seems like I'm the only S'porean in the team. Woah~! It's really diversified there.
Basically what I'll be doing will be to ensure that the various ports (there're lots of them) around the world have enough containers for shipping purposes. (If you want to know more, contact me personally. I prefer the human interaction! hahaha)
My work desk is relatively big, and the height of the table can be adjusted such that I'll be standing while I work. I like this idea a lot, as I can do just that whenever I feel sleepy sitting down there. Guess I may spend more time standing there, since I fall asleep easily.
People there seems to be very hardworking. They normally stay longer than the usual working hours, and they seem to start work relatively earlier as well! Pressuring me.
But since I am now still learning, so I need not stay till too late. Once the work starts coming to me, I sure am going to spend more time there.
Started some hands-on today on the programs used to ensure my work can be performed. Yeah~ soon, I'll be making all the various plannings, and forecasts! Yes, forecast, just like an analyst. Woah~ exciting!!!
Work's gonna be tough, but I'm sure there'll be great things to do in it.

After I got my work, calls keep coming in, first from prison(it was actually just b4 maersk though), then SIA, then as usual, prudentials again (the 's' is to emphasise many of them called.. haha) and then just now, EDB called to schedule me for an interview for the biomedical sciences group.
But I have gotten a job I like, so sorry to you all. Try harder next time. Hahaha...

No comments: