This morning, I woke up at around 830, to go visit my deceased maternal grandfather, as it is his ninth year death anniversary. My aunt had bought lots of stuffs for him and my grandmother, who's currently down there with him as well. She passed away a year before him. Nine years are over just like that, without you even noticing it. A long period it is though. Well, this would bring sad memories of my cousin who passed away shortly after my grandfather. 3 deaths within my extended family in a short span of 2 years. He was just 18 years old then. A smart guy he was, and serving the nation at that moment.
While waiting for my aunt to pick me and my mum up, I was flipping through the papers and unknowingly came to the first page of the home section. And there I saw a familiar face and a headline saying "Tragic end to work-holiday trip". I was shocked to learn that she had passed away. She was an acquaintance I got to know through one of the module I took during my uni study. How unfortunate for that to happen. Someone who had just graduated, and looking forward to another phase of her life. Life is really unpredictable. A lot of times, we take things for granted, and even the people around us. Such that we only realised their importance only when we lose them. Had that ever happen to you? I regreted delaying my visit to my grandfather while he was hospitalised, as I missed seeing the last of him before he passed away.
For now, I try to live my life to the fullest, doing things I like to do, and of course, cherish the people around me, my family, my friends, etc. I hope you will do likewise.
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment