Had a nice food tour with a few friends today.
Went to People's Park Food Center for some jiaozi (dumplings) with WeeKeong, Yongfu, Edmund, Kok Chuan and Wenkang today. The jiaozi were nice, skin not too thick and meat just nice, unlike that in Bizad canteen, getting worse. The stall was featured in yesterday's straits times, so off I went to the place to try out. Their guotie (fried dumplings) were nice as well, but we prefer the jiaozi.
After that, we carried on to another stall selling shaola (roasted meat), and ordered their shuijiao(dumplings as well) soup. The shuijiao are nice, with a wholesome prawn in it. The soup is good too, not salty, just nice.
As we pondered what's next, a few decisions pop up, Chinatown complex or Hong Lim, and so off we go to Hong Lim. A pity the curry chicken noodle stall closed already. Think sold out for the day.
So I tried the char kway tiao over there. Quite a big serving for a plate costing $2. But it does not have chinese sausages and caixin. But overall not bad, and it has many sea-hums.
Still waiting for more job offers to come.. well, there's no offers yet, with only a small no of interviews I went. When will I be employed?
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment