Sunday, June 25, 2006

Employment Act

Finally, I have signed contract with Maersk, and so I'll be starting work on Monday 26th June. That's so fast! Haha.... Much as I don't wish to start work so early, but I understand that this day has to come, and why not sooner, so that I can start working towards my plan for the future.

Had been out in orchard shopping these two days, and with a big bag tagging along me. This seems to have make my back a bit sore, what with walking around with it for hours. So are my legs. The shopping trip had been relatively fruitful, with the purchase of two shirts, a tie and a pair of pants. Didn't managed to get my shoes, but that can wait, since I still have my pair of no 3 shoes courtesy of SAF. Oh yah, I still have my e-mart credits to expend, good till 2008. So, cannot anyhow waste those credits.

Am looking forward to starting work.

p.s. to xanvife: oen particular thing I don't like is the elitism problem. The scholarlistic system they have irks me. And also, why should a 2nd upp/ 1st class graduate be deemed as a better leader than me (read, 2nd lower grad). What rationale is that that they should start 2 ranks above me? Does academic grades = to a better leader? But why I still chose prison service is because of the nature of the job. It's not an easy job (some ppl may have that mentality that prison service quite relax), and I myself know that it's gonna be a challenging job. The thought of being able to help those inmates and the satisfaction you can get from helping them is gonna be great. Furthermore, you can learn alot of things from them inmates as well. Things that you and I may not even know or experience. They may have erred, but at times I feel that some ppl behind bars have better morals than some so called highly educated citizens of the society.
Well, my postscript seems a bit long. haha.. I shall end here.

No comments: