Monday, October 27, 2008

babysitting!

I had my chance of babysitting 2 kids, 1 of them a few months old baby, the other a 2 year old boy.

Today, I was at Ikea restaurant with my dad, my cousin, her hubby and the 2 kids. Objective was to get a bed for Yifan, my cousin's elder son. And being at the restaurant is a secondary objective: meatballs!
Somehow, I was left with the 2 kids, while the rest were away getting food. My nightmarish (well, not really) experience of a lifetime has come! Yifan is fine, as he's sitting obediently in his seat. Yiheng started crying!!!! I was... "what am I going to do???" Tried to comfort him, but to no avail. Must be his mummy's away!
Luckily a lady who's having lunch with her hubby and son came to save the day. She carried Yiheng and played with him, relieving me a tough duty, and allow me to concentrate on just Yifan.
Thankfully the rest are back shortly.

A good experience... how tough it is to look after kids. But they're a joy to your life.

No comments: