I was born as the youngest child in the family.
My father slogged his life, working in the same company for years as a welder.
But his wages (yes wages, not income) remain low. Guess he's considered part of the bottom third.
To feed the three of us, my mother have to work as well, not to mention the household chores as well.
They believe in only hardwork (thus slogging their lives) and of course the lottery.
I am proud of my parents for their upbringing.
I love my country, even though I don't bother about taking part in National Day Parade. (It's just another public holiday).
I guard the airbase with pride during my national service, even though people scoff at us like we're cheapskate security guards.
I don't like NUS, the first thing they do when you graduate is ask you for donations. But I love my life in NUS. I made a lot of great friends and acquaintances, and I learnt a lot of things which can never be studied thru books.
I hate to go for IPPT cos my 2.4 cannot make it. But when the country needs me, I'm sure my 2.4 will be the worst, cos I'll not run away. I'll stay put and fight for my country.
I am a Singaporean. So say we all.
This post is inspired by mrbrown who is inspired by the Molson beer "I am Canadian" commercial. The video from Youtube.
I hope I can inspire my fellow friends to be proud to say,"I am Singaporean."
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment