Friday, August 01, 2008

NATAS FAIR @ EXPO

Took off today... to make a trip down to NATAS FAIR. Before that, was @ HKG cafe in Tampines North CC for lunch. Price is ok, $6.80(+30c for my iced yuanyang) for a set lunch (soup+bread+drink+main). I got this Portuguese styled diced beef. Food's ok, except the beef is rather tough... need to spend much energy on mastification.
Lunch though was a good one, cos of the company. Met Adrian and Hong Wei (they're both pri school mates). 1 is my sec sch brother, the other is my hall mate in uni. Such a small world indeed, and they're working in the same company now.
Ok, for the subject now.... NATAS FAIR. The queue was amazingly long!!! Event is in Hall 4+5 (entrance is at Hall 4), while the queue stretch all the way to the entrance nearest MRT station. Went pass Hall 5 and 6. Good thing though is the queue moved relatively fast.
Despite the long queue, inside the exhibition hall, it's still easy to navigate around, without much congestion (that could be due to the time.. I was there from 2pm till 6pm).

Armed with my brand-new lumix fx36, I will obviously have to make full use of it, and hone my photo-taking skills..(ok, except those photos featuring me, they ain't taken by me)
Nam Ho got quite a number of promoters dressed up in cultural costumes. To prepare myself for the art of taking photos with the Japanese when I travel over to Japan, I braved myself, and approach 2 of them for photos.














The gal on the left is in a Korean costume, while the one on the right is in a Japanese costume (she has a very sweet smile). Both are pretty ladies. Nice~




Etihad Airlines were also there. Not really sure what they are promoting, but there's a F1 car there... so there goes the shutter again!







There was some performers invited over from New Zealand and Taiwan (likely others as well, but only heard about these 2). Didn't catch the kiwi's performance, but saw that of the Taiwanese. Felt like I was watching the variety shows live!












The ambassador for Taiwan!!!! Yes, Jolin was there!
I even took a picture with her! She appears a little bit taller than her usual self.





There's a station for kids to play Wii...








A promoter, probably employed by Korea Tourism Board to just ski down that ramp the whole day. That's how much Tokyo costs, fr $708 by Zuji.


Entrance fee: $3/-
Experience: priceless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

finally you've decided to update your blog!!!

yongqiang

money-cent said...

haha... well, yes, finally.